Gleylancer (Sega Genesis)
- Game Cartridge
- Custom Case
Game Description & Story:
Gley Lancer scrolling space shooter (aka SHMUP / Shoot Em Up) that was originally released exclusively in Japan in 1992. The fan translated version allows you to enjoy this game on your US Sega Genesis Console.
The story follows Lucia, a 16-year-old star fighter pilot in the Earth Federation. A war breaks out between humans and an unknown alien race in the year 2025. Lucia's father, Ken, a high-ranking admiral in the Federation Navy, is captured after his ship is warped out of the combat zone with 4 alien modules which have the ability of teleportation. Lucia, heart-broken after hearing her father's disappearance, decides to hijack the prototype fighter CSH-01-XA "Gley Lancer" with the help of her friend Teim and go after her father.
The Gley Lancer can toggle through four different speeds. This is always done in a 1-2-3-4-3-2-repeat order, although the starting point can be chosen in the game options. By shooting silver and blue pods, the player can pick up various weapons which take the form of Gunners:
- Twin Shot: Fires a rapid stream of double blue energy pulses. Basic weapon.
- Laser: Fires thin white lasers. Not quite as powerful as Twin Shot, but pierces enemies and inflicts multiple strikes on large enemies.
- 5-Way: Shoots an arc of five purple energy pulses. Although the range is excellent, it suffers from a low fire rate—only one salvo from each Gunner can be on-screen at once.
- Burner: Shoots moderate-range fireballs that can track along any solid surfaces they strike.
- Spread Bomb: Shoots flickering blue bombs. The bombs have low speed and fire rate, but create secondary explosions upon striking an enemy or solid surface.
- Saber: Generates a continuous, short/mid-range beam of purple energy.
- Bound Shot: Fires a stream of rapid green energy pulses that reflect off of solid surfaces.