- Updated Graphics: All of the Fire Red graphics have been updated to Gen IV styled graphics. Tiles, overworlds, sprites and battle backgrounds.
- Updated Pokémon: Pokemon from Gens 1-7 will be available in the game. The Fairy type is also present in the game. They will all have updated movesets and abilities to closely resemble the ones found in OR/AS or Sun and Moon. New evolution methods have also been added in order to closely resemble how the Pokemon truly evolve.
- Updated Mechanics: Improvements to gameplay to enhance the player's experience such as the Physical/Special split and Mega Evolution, as well as a BW Repel system and X/Y capture experience. Real Time Clock is static (RTC = Disabled)
- More Items: Features new held items, in addition to the Gen IV Poke Balls, and over 100 reusable TMs. In order to compensate for the increased item amount, the bag has been replaced with a digital device capable of holding an infinite amount of items.
- New Music: Music from many different Pokémon Games is present in Pokemon Unbound. This music ranges from HGSS and BW, all the way Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
- Side Quests: Many optional quests are present in Borrius. These quests yield great rewards, and after a certain point, unlock something special.
- Creator: Please support the creator Skeli Unbound, various Beta Testers, and the rest of the team that worked on music, data entry, artwork, design, etc. Check out their blog post and historical info.
Wishing I read that 1.2.5 was unfinished after the second gym. Very short but great play, not sure about cost of full game though.
I was super excited to play but was disappointed that it wasn't the full game . That my bad for not reading while too excited. I can't wait for the full version to come out and get my hands on that